Inner Fyre Bespoke Jewellery

Unique jewellery, made the way you want it.

Materials Guide

Semi-Precious Gemstones

Many people believe that many natural minerals have healing properties, and others like them because they are beautiful. Gemstones are produced in a number of shapes and can be quite varied in size. Because they are more expensive than their counterparts, they tend to be used for smaller, more intricate designs. Popular examples of semi-precious gemstones include amethyst, jade, jasper, quartz, garnet, agate, onyx, fluorite and tiger's eye. For more information about some specific gemstones, please visit the Gemstone Zone.

Glass Pearls

Glass pearls are also used in jewellery-making for the same reason as ocean-caught pearls - they are a more affordable alternative and are designed to look the part. The nucleus is made from glass and then coated with fish scales or mother-of-pearl for its iridescence. The other advantages of glass pearls over oyster pearls are that they don't have the same frequent irregularities that oyster pearls do, and they don't take years to produce.

Swarovski Crystals

Swarovski Crystals do not actually occur naturally unlike gemstones. Made in Austria and cut using the same precision-cutting process in which diamonds are cut, they catch the light beautifully and make a gorgeous addition to any piece of jewellery. They are usually found alongside glass pearls.

Silver Plated Components

Silver plated wire is made from sterling silver layered over a copper core. When exposed to sulphur in the air, it can tarnish if not looked after. Please refer to the Inner Fyre Care Guide to keep your silver plated jewellery shining.

Sterling Silver Components

Sterling Silver is 92.5% pure silver, and for this reason is often called 925 silver. The remaining 7.5% of sterling silver is usually copper which helps the silver to keep its shape. Sterling silver is much less prone to tarnishing than silver plated wire.

Gold Plated Components

Pure gold wire is expensive, so gold plated wire (where gold is layered over a copper core) is a sensible alternative. Gold plating can erode if not cared for correctly, so please refer to the Inner Fyre Care Guide to keep your gold plated jewellery shining.